Financial Assistance Scheme
APPLICATION FOR MOE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME (MOE FAS)
1. The objective of the MOE FAS is to help needy Singaporean students to meet basic schooling expenses.
2. Student is a Singapore citizen, and meets one of the following income criteria:
a. The family’s gross household income (GHI) does not exceed $2,750 per month; or
b. The family’s per capita income (PCI) does not exceed $690 per month.
PCI = Monthly Gross Household Income / No. of members in the household
3. Household income is the total income of family members who stay in the same household . Gross income is income including regular allowances and employee's CPF contribution. Income from other sources (e.g. monthly pension, alimony and rental income) should be included as part of gross monthly income.
4. National Service allowance earned by NS men is not to be included in household income. Severance compensation and insurance payouts are also not to be included.
5. If the income earner is on no-pay leave for 6 months or less, he/she is not unemployed. His/her monthly income in months when she/he was not on no-pay leave should be assessed.
6. For students who have no parents and are staying with a legal guardian, the household income of the legal guardian would be considered.
NEED NEW COMPUTER AT SUBSIDISED PRICE?
7. Students from low income households who wish to own a new computer at a subsidised price can apply for one under the NEU PC Plus Programme administered by the Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA). Under this Programme, each eligible household may apply for one computer once every 3 years , regardless of the number of school-going children and/or household members with permanent disability.
8. For parents who wish to apply, please indicate so in Section V. If your application for MOE FAS is successful, the school will provide you a form to apply for NEU PC Plus Programme and help you to send the completed form to the lead agencies of IMDA for processing and approval.
You can find more information on the MOE FAS webpage .