National Civil Defence Cadet Corps (NCDCC)
Date and Time Training: Every Friday, 3.30pm to 6.00pm
Venue: School premises
Mr Ng B Y (IC)
Mr Lee Jin Han Terrence
Mr Mohammad Fauzul Bin Mohd Taha
Mdm Muthumeenashi d/o Gopalan
CCA Student Leaders'
CSM: ATHIRAH BTE NORIMAN
ASM: LIM YI XUAN
Objectives: To nurture and develop our youths into resilient and responsible citizens through innovative and challenging Civil Defence activities.
Description of CCA: The September 11 terrorist attacks, the bomb blasts in Bali, the Nicoll Highway collapse and the most recent Tsunami disaster have created a heightened awareness of a need for Civil Defence skills and knowledge. The purpose of the NCDCC is to nurture and develop young students into caring and responsible citizens through their participation in interesting and challenging Civil Defence activities.
Interesting activities within NCDCC are:
- Learning to use state-of-the-art equipment such as water-mist gun and the impulse gun.
- Learning to use latest rescue equipment like the hydraulic spread cutter used by The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).
- Learning useful and practical skills like Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to enable you to save lives in emergencies.
- Viewing and riding in the Red Rhino, Fire Bike, Compound Platform Ladder (CPL), Command Vehicle etc.
- Gaining confidence in fire fighting by training in our fire simulator building nicknamed the "FURNACE" at the Civil Defence Academy (CDA).
- 1 Star & 2 Star Kayaking Courses
- Precision Drill Competition
- Adventure Training Camp
Highlights from 2017
Highlights from 2016
Highlights of 2012: 3rd in NCDCC Precision Drill Competition, Overseas NCDCC trip toKuching, Sarawak, Kayaking expedition, Outward Bound School
Past 3 Years' Achievements: UOPA 2011 (Gold), UOPA 2010 (Gold), UOPA 2009 (Gold), 2012 Games Day (Champion), 2012 Precision Drill Competition (third) Inter-unit Quiz Champion (2011), 2009 (runner-up).