Red Cross Youth
Date and time of training:
Wednesday - 3.30pm to 6.30pm
Monday & Friday are reserved for competition trainings and RCY HQ activities, if any.
Venue: 1T1 Classroom and Room 2 (both at level 1) for indoor lessons, Parade Square for outdoor lessons.
- Sustain Gold Standard for Excellent Unit Award. We have achieved Gold EUA for 9 consecutive years.
- Promote a holistic development of our cadets by providing multiple platforms and grooming all students in:
- Peer leadership and mentoring,
- Long lasting life skills and effective communication,
- Service learning and community involvement, which are in line with our school values and mission.
- Lessons syllabus includes Red Cross Knowledge, Evacuation drills, First Aid, Footdrill, Outdoor Activities, and Youth Ambassador Blood Programme
Ms Usha Somasuntharam (Overall I/C)
Mr Lin Feng Sheng Winston (2 I/C)
Ms Karpagam Manickavasagam
Mr Mustaqim Bin Mohamed
Cadet Officer, Ms Chew Ting Ting
Cadet Officer, Ms Celeste Lim Seok Ning
Cadet Leaders Executive Committee:
Tay Yen Zu - Chairperson
Muthu Kumar Kanimozhi - Vice Chairperson
Yee Hor Mun - Vice Chairperson
Eunice Ng Jia Jia
Germaine Tay Kah Oon
Ng Sin Ru
Rachel Siak Lee Jen
Reese Ng Jingwen
Siti Noormaisarah Bte M N
Su Yaminn Nwe
Teo You Xiang
Lim Jin Kang
Yap Jing Hui
Unit Highlights for the Past Years:
- All cadets will be sent for a professional course to be certified as Standard First Aiders.
- Annual Training and Bonding Camp in March.
- For cross cultural exchange, we have hosted Japanese Red Cross Society members and delegates from Japan’s Gunma Prefecture in 2016 (*click here to read more!)
- Travelling overseas at the end of the year for CIP involvement and we have visited Cambodia in 2009, Vietnam in 2010, Hong Kong in 2011, Taiwan in 2012, Vietnam in 2013 and 2017, Taiwan 2014, Bintan in 2015.
- The Unit actively participates in Red Cross Headquarters activities and events like Singapore Youth Festival, National Day Parade, Cadet Recognition Day, Project Red Cross Love, Red Cross Youth Challenge (Adventure camp), Unit Leaders and Unit Instructors Programme, National First Aid Competition and Current Affairs Competition.